We have taken some input from y’all and decided to do a six-week study in Galatians starting this Wednesday, June 10, at 7 PM at the Ellis house and on Zoom. We don’t know how well using Zoom while some of us meet in person will work, but we’re going to give it a try. If you miss one week, we will try to catch you up on what we talked about that week. Leave a little room at dinner time for dessert and decaf coffee. If you’d like to attend, please read Galatians 1 and write down your questions and what you’ve learned on your own.
I hope you will consider joining us.
This video was on FB Yesterday, but I forgot to put it here. I’m sorry. Even if you’ve already prayed through Psalm 3, it’s worth watching.
This video from Angie Hott might be useful as you pray through Psalm 3 on Monday.
Hello beloved of Christ,
We have decided to have a Sunday morning gathering at Rankins this Sunday, May 10. First of all, we want everyone to make their own decision about whether it is best for and/or your family to attend. The elders agreed that we will gather and follow social distancing guidelines. If you didn’t know, Governor Justice supports churches meeting at this point. You can read about that here: http://wvmetronews.com/2020/04/30/justice-says-25-gathering-guideline-doesnt-apply-to-churches/
I did some math and drew a couple maps of the space at Rankins. I think that even with plenty of space between people and groups of people, we can easily fit 184 people in the gym. So there will be room for you, and we will be spread out.
• Be prepared to sit only with your family and not shake hands or hug.
• Maintain distance between yourself and others.
• Bring a mask to wear. If you need one, we will have some available.
• Children will sit with their families this week. The worship time will be planned with that in mind. Jenny may have a quiet activity that children can do at their seats.
• The elderly, immunocompromised, not in good health, or in a high-risk group are encouraged to attend online rather than in person.
• We will have hand sanitizer available.
• As of now, we do not sanitize the building afterwards. If that changes, we will be asking for some volunteers.
• We will not be providing coffee or snacks.
If you’re not comfortable being with us in person, please join in on FB Live. We love you and we are praying for you. Rich, Justin, Tom and Richard